The Penn State Alumni Association began on July 28, 1870 with twelve Penn Staters in a chemistry room on the first floor of Old Main. Since then, it has grown into a powerful network of 164,658 members and is the largest dues-paying alumni association in the world. The Alumni Association connects alumni to the University and to each other, provides valued services to members, and supports the University’s mission of teaching, research, and service.
The Penn State Alumni Association houses two student organizations that connect with other students about the history, tradition, and future of Penn State.
The Lion Ambassadors are Penn State's student alumni corps. They are a group of students that communicate the history and personality of Penn State, strengthen its traditions, and instill Penn State pride in current and future students, alumni, and friends.
The Blue and White Society is the student membership of the Penn State Alumni Association. Members support the Penn State Alumni Association's service to the University and to its communities through Penn State pride and civic leadership.