1957 is correct! The Center for Performing Arts began as the Artist Series, a program that originated in 1957. Using a variety of available facilities, the series initially drew symphonies and other large concerts to the area. Their mission, to offer the very best in the performing arts to the Penn State campus and surrounding community, remains true to this day.
« Back to Giving to Penn State home page.