Gifting Mutual Funds

Most mutual fund companies require transfer from your account to an account established in Penn State's name. Each mutual fund company has their own individual requirements and forms for transferring funds. They generally require either a Transfer of Ownership form or a letter of authorization, each with a signature guarantee. You can obtain a signature guarantee at most banks simply by showing photo identification.

If you are considering a gift of mutual funds, please contact us. We will need the name of the mutual fund that you will be transferring shares from, the symbol or cusip, the number of shares, and the expected dollar amount of the transfer. We can also provide you with detailed instructions and help you obtain the appropriate forms.

Please click here for a few important reminders.