Gifts of cash are the easiest and most direct way to give to Penn State and are fully deductible for individuals who itemize on their federal income tax return. There are several ways to make a gift of cash:
Online (credit card)
- Access our secure online giving form.
- Search or browse the area you wish to support.
- Fill out the requested information to make your gift to Penn State.
- Send a check payable to The Pennsylvania State University or make a credit card gift through the mail to: Penn State Annual Fund, 2583 Gateway Drive, Suite 200, State College, PA 16801
- If making a gift via credit card by mail, you may print and complete the printable form (PDF).
Phone or Email
- Call 1-888-800-9163 (toll-free) or email us at AnnualGiving@psu.edu.
Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
- Complete a simple form to authorize Penn State to instruct your bank or savings institution to make monthly gift payments of $10.00 or more from the account you indicate. Within two months, you will begin to see the deducted amount on your account statement (deducted the first week of each month). The deduction will continue until you choose to cancel or change the amount of your monthly gift.
- Each January, you will receive a tax receipt from Penn State showing the amount you've given through our EFT program during the previous calendar year. Save your receipt for tax documentation.
It's that simple!
To authorize Penn State to instruct your bank or savings institution to make monthly gift payments, print and complete the EFT authorization form and mail it along with a voided check to the following address:
Office of Annual Giving
The Penn State University
2583 Gateway Drive, Suite 200
State College, PA 16801
Corporate Matching Gifts
Corporate matching gifts are a great way for Penn State alumni, parents, and friends to maximize personal contributions to the University and increase the impact of their gift. By taking advantage of a company's matching gift benefit, you may be able to double or even triple the amount of a contribution. Find out if your company matches gifts made by employees or retirees.
Please note that a small portion of income earned from your gift is used to support fundraising and investment management operations. Learn more: download Funding the Cost of Fundraising.