Services We Provide
We offer a range of services to help you successfully navigate the fundraising process — from identifying prospects to developing strategic proposals and stewarding gifts. We focus on interdisciplinary projects that span the University and require considerable support.
- Facilitate philanthropic relationships with companies and foundations
- Research potential corporate and foundation funding sources
- Assess a project's philanthropic funding potential and make recommendations on engaging donors
- Develop and review letters of inquiry, proposals, and other application materials
- Supply necessary supporting materials and obtain institutional signatures
- Coordinate and provide staffing for campus and site visits for current and potential funders
- Assist with stewardship activities such as gift reports and recognition opportunities for funded projects
- Circulate funding opportunities and RFP's to appropriate colleges, departments, and units
- Provide fundraising resources and training workshops
Step 1: Contact Us
Not sure where to begin? The CFR team is ready to assist you in securing philanthropic support. We use liaison assignments to structure our efforts between colleges, units, and campuses; please contact the appropriate team member for assistance. General inquiries can be directed to email@example.com or 814-863-4308.
Step 2: Assistance Request
For assistance in finding funding, cultivating donors, developing proposals or managing and leveraging existing philanthropic awards, please complete our request for assistance form. Afterwards, we will contact you to discuss next steps.
We encourage faculty and staff to contact CFR before applying to any private foundation or corporation so that we may update you on the current status of Penn State’s relationship. For some funders, we require notification prior to any contact. We may need to make you aware of application limitations, donor preferences or ongoing strategic conversations.
View our centrally-coordinated funders
Central University Partners
CFR partners with a number of complementary offices across campus in a coordinated effort to maximize gift impact.
Administrator & Faculty FAQs
Return to Corporations & Foundations Home